Thursday, July 26, 2007




I decided it was time for an update on Alexa. She is doing great. We had a good checkup with the dentist - all well and Tuesday we went back to the doctor. Alexa didn't cry for the doctor at all - she waited until the nurses came in to draw blood and give her shots. Then she screamed. And I mean screamed. And I can't blame her. The poor thing had to have about three vials of blood drawn for blood tests and a TB test in her left arm then four shots to get caught up in her immunizations. Two in each leg. No wonder she screamed. I wanted to too just thinking about it. The nurses - and there were three- all kept telling me she was doing great and they were suprised by how strong she is. I keep telling people she is tiny but all muscle!


Today we went to my store to say hello and have some photos developed. She showed me around the produce department. She thought it was great fun to lead me around - now if we could just get her to eat some of the
fruits and vegetables she showed me!
She is loving her Cherrios, little graham crackers, and hard cookies. I am working on adding things to her pudding which is the only other thing she will eat. Right now we can do 2/3 applesauce, 1/3 pudding and yesterday we added a little chopped up banana and that worked too. She refuses plain applesauce and chopped up banana though, and if a Cherrio is contaminated by touching a banana slice it is immediately thrown on the floor! She prefers to feed herself and when she is tired of the spoon she has found that fingers work well. Of couse she still must do the gesture while she eats so she ends up with pudding all over her face. Isn't she cute?