Thursday, July 19, 2007



I am finally getting around to posting some more pictures from our trip. Of course the best part of the trip was getting Alexa but China is an amazing country. I wanted to share some pictures from our experiences there. These are Budda carvings in a cave wall at Fubo Hill in Guilin.
Here are some rice paddies in Guilin. We saw some people out working in some of them. Besides rice paddies we saw lotus fields, corn fields and other crops - some I didn't recognize and I have forgotten others already. Fields are much smaller than we are used to here and they use every available space for crops. Later I will post some pictures of fields up on hillsides. Here in the states we would never try to plant on those hills. They are very steep.


This is a photo from Reed Flute Cave. Pictures cannot really convey the beauty of the place. I liked this photo because of the reflection on the water. We also liked the cave because it was cool. Guilin was hot and humid - Guangzhou would be worse - but the cave provided a litte relief for an hour.

These are the gold and silver pavillions that we could see right across the street from our hotel in Guilin. They were beautiful lit up at night. They were impressive during the day also. Jane and I did not get out to explore as much as I would have liked. We kept busy though and I rested as much as possible. I was exhausted after the flight over and I was trying to get rested before I got Alexa. Beds in China are hard - and I mean hard. I slept on top of the comforter just to have that little bit extra of cushioning.
I have many more photos I would like to share. I will try to add some once in a while.