Alexa and I had a busy day today. We started the day out with story time at the library. This was our second week. I think Alexa will really enjoy it once she gets used to it. She behaves very well but I can tell she isn't quite sure what is going on. She loves to play in the library afterwards though. There is a train set that she likes to play with and she enjoys having mom chase her around the library. She loves the globe too. I point out Iowa and then we find China on the other side of the world.
After the library we came home for a snack then went to the Federal Building to apply for a Social Security card for Alexa. We already have her certificate of citizenship and her Iowa certificate of foreign birth. She made friends with everyone in the waiting room before our number was called. We showed them all our paperwork and then when they were done with us we headed to the mall. Alexa just loves the play area. It was the first time she has played in it.
This evening I gave her an Oreo after she used the potty chair. It was her first Oreo. I think they will be a favorite of hers! Of course I could not let her eat alone. When she signed for "more" I let her have a second - then I had a second one also!
I decided two was enough so we played with a puzzle and then got out some paper and crayons. She loves her new little desk. She is just starting to figure out what to do with the crayons. Now my exhausted little girl is asleep and mommy will be soon too.