Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yesterday we went to a beautiful garden. We could have stayed for hours looking around and taking pictures but it was very hot. We were happy to head back to the air-conditioned van after our hour was up. There were many picture taking oportunities but Alexa HauFu has not learned yet how to pose and smile for pictures. That will come soon.

I set her down on the sidewalk to take her picture with this lovely background and she just immediately starts to walk back to me with a big smile on her face. I guess that is a better picture anyway! Not to mention the fact that she wants to come to me. We are learning more about each other every day. She still will not eat any solid food but we are making some small progress. This morning at breakfast she put a cornflake in her mouth and rubbed it against her tongue. We call the picture on the right Dance of the Cornflakes.


This morning we went to a department store and Jane was finally able to purchase some underwear and a pair of shorts. She looks like a new person. We also found a couple little Chinese children's games. I bought a few and when we get home we will check to see if the directions are in English also. If they are only in Chinese then we will make up our own rules!
After a little shopping we went to McDonalds for lunch and Alexa had her first french fry. She actually held it for a minute before it went to the floor. At least it was food and she touched it. I may be the first mother who would be thrilled if her child ate a french fry! I just want her to try some solid food. She is not even drinking water unless we are in the tub. Then she will put her head down in the water and try to drink some if I don't stop her in time. She is drinking her bottle with rice cereal every couple hours so she is not going to starve.
All in all things are going well. She is a very happy girl who love to play. Mommy is getting plenty of exercise keeping up.