Thursday, June 21, 2007

Our day started out with the breakfast buffet. I don't think I have mentioned yet that I am eating cornflakes for breakfast every morning. Grandpa Emry would be proud of me. Alexa is still refusing anything to eat other than her formula that has rice cereal added. I put a couple corn flakes on the table in front of her to see if she would pick them up. She has the ablilty to know if something is a food before she even touches it. She will pick up anything except food. Anyway she picked up the cornflakes and played with them. She even acted like she was going to put them in her mouth. She may have touched the edge of one to her tongue! We may be making some progress. At least she knows what we do with food!
After breakfast we went to a memorial to the first president of China. The first picture is of Alexa checking out her shadow in front of the memorial. It was very interesting but it was so hot we did not stay long.
The girls were very good though. Then it was on to Goat Park. It was
very pretty but very hot. We saw quite a few people playing this game similar to hacky sack. (I am not sure if I am spelling that one correctly). Most of the people playing were adults. It looked like fun. Then it was time to head back to the hotel for a couple minutes and we were off to have the girls get their official medical exam. The doctor said Alexa's ears both looked fine so I guess the ear infection is gone. She weighs 19.3 pounds. I did not hear what they said for her length. She decided she needed a bottle about the time the exam started so that actually worked out well that she was distracted by eating. The only thing that really bothered her was when the doctor checked her ears and throat. She did not like that one bit! But it was over quickly then we were off and are free for the rest of the day.
On the walk back to the hotel we passed by Starbucks and we decided the parents needed a refreshment. So Alexa has been in her first Starbucks. I told her to get used to it! I offered her a taste but of course she refused. Anyway the frappachino was a welcome treat on such a hot day.
Sounds like she is waking up from her nap so I had better get a bottle prepared. I am getting to be a pro at it! Diapers are also getting easier. It helps that she is so cooperative. No wiggling or anything. After the first one she hasn't objected at all.