Alexa called me mama today!!!!! There were a couple times when I was not sure but today she definately said it. She came up to me and put up her arms to be picked up and looked in my face and said ma ma ma ma. It was a wonderful moment. In the
picture on the right you can see her having her bottle. She prefers to have her head hanging upside down while she drinks. It looks uncomfortable to me but that is how she likes it so we do it her way.
She also had a little meltdown today. I was changing her diaper and she just started to cry. She did not want to eat. Nothing could make her happy. She was looking around like she wanted to see something or someone. I could not comfort her. I am sure she was missing her nannies and the
orphanage. We will have more times like that I am sure but hopefully they will become less and less frequent. Later she checked out the newspaper. That is the English edition of the China Daily.
This afternoon we went swimming. She loved it. Absolutely loved it. She even tries to put her face in the water. I was scared to set her down after we got out of the pool because I was afraid she might run back in. I will need to see if I can sign her up for some swimming classes when we get home.
Tonight we had a wonderful dinner at the
Cow and Bridge - a Thai restaurant. We had Beef Satay, Sweet Green Beans with Garlic, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Wings in Pinapple Sauce, and Bean Curd. I passed on the bean curd but everything else was delicious. I am going to miss the food we have had here - or at least some of it! - but I am ready for a big helping of mashed potatoes and gravy! And is the sweet corn going to be ready by the time we get home? That is sounding better and better!
Tomorrow we have our consolate appointment to pick up the visas for the girls. Then we need to pack up so we can leave on Friday. I need to buy a suitcase tomorrow. By the way my little girl loves shoes!