Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Alexa woke up this morning nice and cool and so far no sign of a fever. Yesterday she was warm several times but never quite warm enough that I wanted to give her anything for it. I was a little worried yesterday when Nelson (our guide) explained that when an infant in China has a fever they worry about pneumonia developing and if it does that means a trip to the hospital and IV antibiotics administered in the head. I did not want that to happen. I am not sure if she has an ear infection or not. If so it cannot be a bad one. We are continuing with the ear drops we got on Monday. She sleeps well. Yesterday she was not wanting anything to do with the crib and I really needed some sleep so Jane had the idea of spreading a comforter out between our beds. We put pillows at both ends. The area was a little bigger than the crib and she slept fine there and I slept pretty well in the bed by myself.

Well she just woke up and I am ecstatic to report that she had five more ounces of formula with rice cereal. She had one bottle at breakfast and then the one now. That is already more than she had all day yesterday. She is sitting on my lap now and I saw a brief smile a minute ago. Iwill try to add more later. For now I must go play with my daughter!
One more thing I have to add - I received the cameras back that I sent to the orphanage and had them developed. They took pictures of the orphanage and playroom as well as her and her nanny who we met the other day. They are precious keepsakes.