I realized the other day that I had not posted pictures from July 4th. I had to work so our holiday began in the late afternoon. We went to the splash park for the first time this year and Alexa haad a great time. We had the place to ourselves.
A week ago we headed to the farmer's market downtown. Alexa's favorite part was the musicians. She stopped and listened and then started to dance. She was wearing squeaky shoes and I think she may have drawn more of a crowd than the guy. At one point he paused in the middle of the song and said "she's rockin'". She had a blast. She loved the music and I think she really enjoyed the attention too. Her squeaky shoes drew a lot of looks - from people and from the dogs. I heard one person say that the dogs probably thought she was one of their toys.
Later that night we headed to Dairy Queen and Alexa had her first ice cream cone of her own. She enjoyed the first few bites then wanted to eat mine because I had a spoon.
If you look closely you can see her "earring".
Thursday we went to the doctor for a checkup and some vaccinations. I am ecstatic that Alexa is now on the growth chart - for weight. She is in the 3rd percentile! She still has not made it onto the growth chart for height but I think next time she will. She has been eating quite good lately so I think she may be getting ready for a growth spurt. She had a finger prick for some blood work and then two shots. She screamed during those but once they were done and she was assured we could leave she said goodbye to the nurse and then said 'Thank you" on the way out the door.
This morning when she woke up I heard her yell for me - "Mom, mom.......coming Alexa. Mom, mom...........coming Alexa." And I was worried about her talking! She can now carry on both sides of a conversation!