Alexa turned three years old today.
She received her first birthday present a week and a half ago. It is a Barney that sings the "I love you, you love me. We're a happy family" song. She loves it. It is her favorite song after all.

Sunday night Alexa got to blow out the candles on her first cake of the year. She needs a little practice to get them all.

Today we went to have Alexa's picture taken then we met Erika and Sky for lunch at a park. It was a beautiful day and Alexa had a great time on the swings and slides.

Then we headed to the zoo. We arrived just in time to feed the giraffes. What a treat!

Alexa wasn't too sure about touching the snake. She finally decided to touch it though. She is more adventurous than her mom - but someone had to be the photographer!

We also saw monkeys and lions and tigers and penquins and zebras and sea lions and a baby flamingo! - and we had a chance to feed some other animals

and fish.

Then it was time to head home. Mom was exhausted. Alexa got to sleep for a few minutes on the way home but poor Mom had to stay awake to drive. We had a little pizza and oranges for supper then we headed out to a different park. Alexa told someone that she was "born in China". That was the first time I have heard her say that. She also said that she was three years old and tried to hold up three fingers.
After the park we went to Dairy Queen to finish the day. Alexa had a chocolate dipped cone which she loved. She ate the chocolate off then wanted me to eat the ice cream so she could eat the "cookie" (cone).
She is now sound asleep in my bed - where she has insisted on sleeping the last couple weeks. I am headed there myself. I think Alexa had a good day and I know I did.