Saturday, September 22, 2007

This morning I took Alexa back to have her blood drawn again. It actually went much better than I thought it might. Of course she cried but less than the first time - maybe because instead of being on the exam table I held her on my lap. After the bandage was on I gave her a couple M&M's and the lab tech gave her a little toy and we were on our way. We went to McDonalds for lunch where I bought her a happy meal - the first I have bought her and she happily ate her fries.
I was told by her daycare provider that she will eat a few bites of chicken nugget when it is in pieces. She wouldn't touch the pieces but she took a couple bites out of the whole nuggets. One bite was very big - and it all stayed in her mouth! All the chicken stayed in her mouth. I had to take pictures of course. I was the only parent at McDonalds taking pictures of their child eating but I don't care.




Then we were off to the zoo. Our first time there. It was a beautiful day for it. I decided not to let her feed the animals this time. I will wait until I have some help with me. She had a good time looking at the animals and the people.


Now I am hoping she will fall asleep for a little nap and then we can head to the park. It is a great day to be outside!