Monday, May 14, 2007

Today at work a woman asked me if I had a good Mother's Day. Then she said "you do have children, don't you?" I responded by pulling out my picture of her that we have on the pharmacy counter and showing it to her. Yes I have a daughter. This is her picture and I will get to go to China in a few weeks to get her. I still tear up when I think about it.

I received a couple Mother's Day cards and I even got a couple presents - a book "31 Uses for a Mom" and some blocks that have nursery rhymes on them. Those will come in handy. I had been worried about those. Some I remember - but others are rather fuzzy. Now if someone can help me with a good source for brushing up on children's songs - not that I can sing - but someone has to teach her Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Mary had a Little Lamb. I know there are a lot more that every child should learn but those are about the only ones I remember.