The busy work has started. I have things all over the floor in Alexa's room - checking to see what I have and what I still need for the trip - and I have to remember it has to fit in one suitcase and a carry-on! And I have to be able to pick up the suitcase! What I have been told is collect everything you think you need for the trip then throw out half! Now anyone who has seen me pack will know I am going to have a problem with this. I always go prepared for anything. I just have to remember I can buy what I need while I am there.
I talked to a pediatrician yesterday. He reviewed Alexa's medical information and says everything looks great - she is just small. I will have to have her checked out when we get home but he said maybe she was a premie - she was small to begin with. She has been growing each time she was measured and that is good.
The people speak a dialect of Cantonese where she is from (and I had been practicing a little Mandarin) so I picked up a Cantonese language tape yesterday and I am going to start with that. I want to be able to say something to her that she will understand! I can already say "bye-bye" and "very well". I am still working on "good morning" and "hello".