I had my first parent teacher conference the other night. I talked to Alexa's teacher, Mrs. Coons, on the phone. She told me Alexa is doing very well. She is very willing to participate in group activities and her interaction with others is awesome. She plays well with others and seldom plays alone. She will seek others out to play with her. She is getting better at writing her name but still leaves off the last "a" sometimes. She sometimes has some listening problems and occasionally she announces that she is going to teach the class. Do you think she gets that from her grandparents?
The teacher did say that Alexa has trouble dealing with change sometimes and tested boundries when there was a substitute teacher. She prefers to stick to a set routine. I explained to the teacher that this is a very common issue with children with Alexa's background. I am not quite sure how to work on that one.
Since Alexa is one of the youngest in the class I wanted to know how she compared to the other children and Mrs. Coons assured me that Alexa is right on target with the rest of the class.
I am very proud of my little girl!