Monday, November 09, 2009

Alexa had been looking forward to Halloween for a long time. From the day some neighbors put up Halloween lights Alexa was ready. Grandpa had supplied us with a lot of pumpkins and we carved three of them and even roasted the seeds - although Alexa did not want to try them. Alexa informed me that she wanted to be a horse for Halloween. And then a few days later she changed it to a girl horse! Now I was worried enough about a horse costume so how was I going to come up with a girl horse costume? I decided I would head to the store and see if I could find something so cute she would forget about wanting to be a horse. And I found the perfect thing!
A pink unicorn!
Alexa was thrilled that she could be a "girl horse". For school she was actually a princess riding a pink horse. She had a tiara and earrings to wear but for trick or treat night they were replaced by a hat and mittens. It was a cold and rainy night but we headed out into the neighborhood. Bill came up to join us and then Kate and a friend came too. At one house down the street the woman came to the door and said "we were just talking about you! You were the little lion last year that kept on talking!" I guess she really made an impression! It started to rain a little harder so we headed home for hot chocolate.

Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Russell's house so they could see Alexa's costume and Alexa posed with Kate and her friend.
The next morning we headed to Belivdere and Alexa got to trick or treat at Jane's house. Then Shelby took her to meet a few neighbors then
back to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
What wonderful Halloween!