Saturday, November 01, 2008

We had a great Halloween. The weather was perfect. Alexa didn't even need a coat with her costume - just a sweatshirt underneath and we were good to go. Most of our neighbors were sitting out on their front step with bowls of candy. Alexa went as a lion. She had the "roar" down very good!Before starting out we had to have a picture with our pumpkins. Alexa had helped get the seeds out of the pumpkins when we carved them the night before. Grandpa did a great job with the pumpkins this year. Mama ran out of energy for carving so only two were jack-o-lanterns! But this way we still have some to keep out as decorations til Thanksgiving!
Alexa had a great time. She enjoyed getting candy but she liked meeting the neighbors even more. I admit that I don't know the names of the neighbors when I get more than two houses away and Alexa kept asking me who the next person was as we walked to a house. I finally just decided to tell her it was a neighbor. After a few times she started to call out as we walked down the sidewalk "neighbor, neighbor, where are you?". The "neighbors" thought it was very cute. She would walk up to their front step and sit down with them or check out their pumpkins and decorations - and of course she would demonstrate her roar. After a while we would leave - sometimes she would take some candy and sometimes she would forget. A couple people stopped me because she didn't take any candy and I just explained that she was having a great time just talking to people. And believe me she had plenty of candy! Several people commented that she was the friendliest trick-or-treater they had all evening.

Then it was time to head home and check out the candy. She started to open so many pieces of candy and suckers that I was going to put a stop to it but then I noticed that she would take a lick and set the candy down and start on another piece. She made it through a lot of candy without eating very much so I decided that was ok.
This morning we had a little girl time. Alexa came into the bathroom as I was finishing my shower so she got a shower too then we both got lots of lotion. Alexa's skin was very dry last winter and it is starting already. So we lotioned her up and then she found some curlers so I put them in her hair then we trimmed her bangs.

Since it was another beautiful day we got some sandwiches from Culvers and headed to the park. We enjoyed our picnic and played and played and played. Then we went looking at new cars and to the mall. We went to a Chinese restaurant for supper and Alexa ate some Chicken LoMein! I was thrilled. Tonight she went to bed pretty easily. And I am happy to report that this is the seventh night in a row that she has gone to sleep in her own room. She is even sleeping on her bed - she has preferred to sleep next to it on the floor. She must really be tired! I know her mother is!