Tonight I thought I would just write about our day - just a typical day. This morning I woke up with a foot in my stomach - Alexa has a tendancy to turn sideways in the bed during the night. I got up and got ready for work and made sure I had everything ready for Alexa too then I warmed up some milk and went to wake her up. She was not happy about being awakened. She looked at me and threw towel over her face and said "Go away, I'm tired". So I handed her the bottle and she took it and started drinking. I finished getting dressed and laid down on the bed with her. She told me to close my eyes and we held hands for a few more minutes. ( It is a very precious time.) Once she was done with her bottle she got out of bed and we got her dressed to go and headed out the door. Flamingo (a Beanie Baby) had to go with us today. At daycare I put her in a chair at the table and laid out her cherrios and cereal bar and kissed her goodbye.
When I picked her up after work she ran to the door to great me and did a dance and a somersault and looked up to me and said "Park?". I explained that it was cold and wet so we would do something else. We stopped to get gas and have our tires checked then came home for supper - fish sticks, french fries, greenbeans and bananas. Eating takes a while with Alexa. She has a couple bites and announces she is full. Then I get another bite of banana in her and another and another, then some green beans, and I gradually get her to eat a fair amount of the meal. I give her bites between cleaning up what lands on the floor as she tries to knock my hand away. Eventually she will eat no more and then she gets to watch some Barney while I clean up a little.
After supper we went outside and she rode her tricycle down the block and back. She is getting very good on the tricycle. Tonight she even rode backwards! Finally we came inside and she had a bath, we did a puzzle, checked for the moon, and then it was time for bed.
Once she was in bed I attempted to make mooncakes for Mid Autumn Festival this weekend. It was my first attempt at mooncakes and it was a total failure. I made a very Americanized version. Peanutbutter crust with raspberry filling sounded better to me than sweet bean paste or lotus seed paste filling! They don't taste too bad but the whole point is to have the correct shape and although they came out of the mold very well they did not hold their shape during baking. Back to the drawing board on that one but someday when you read this Alexa you will know that your mother did try to make mooncakes for you tonight.
And that was our day.