No new pictures again tonight - the camera is broken - but I bought a replacement today so I can start with pictures again tomorrow. I still had to share some of our weekend.
Spring is finally here. It was a long winter but finally we have had some beautiful days. Friday it was so nice I decided when I picked Alexa to go to Culvers and pick up some chicken tenders and fries and we had a picnic at the park. We ate a little and then since we were the only ones at the park I set the bag of food on the bottom step and we would climb up and go down the slide and on our way up again we would have a couple bites of food then back down the slide. It was so much fun. By the time our supper was gone there were a few more families at the park. One family had a kite and Alexa was facinated by it. They let her hold it a few times and she loved it. And yes I looked for a kite for her this weekend. I haven't found what I am looking for but I did get one we can try next weekend.
Saturday morning we headed back to the park. Alexa was getting braver every day. When her cousins were here they went down the slide with her. Friday night she started out going down with me but she soon started going down before me. On one slide she went down head first - fortunately I was at the bottom when she tried this. She was fine but I was a little nervous. I asked her when she got done if she had learned that from cousin Megan or cousin Erin. She just laughed!
Today was not quite as nice so we only spent about forty minutes at the park instead of an hour like the last couple days. My little girl definately loves the outdoors. And I am having a blast. There have been times when I have wondered if I am too old to be a mom but then I think about this weekend. I was the only parent at the park that was up there with my daughter all the time - making a fool of myself on the slide. The younger parents watched from the ground. I think I am going to be able to keep up with her for a while! But I do need to get some sleep!