Sunday, March 16, 2008


This morning Alexa and I went to church - she went to Sunday School and I went to the worship service. When I went to pick her up I discovered they had done a craft project - it is her first craft project to bring home. It brought tears to my eyes. She was so excited about it. She was beaming and waving it in the air. The teachers had traced the kids hands and cut out shapes of the kids hands and attached it to a piece of cardbord. They used the hands to make a palm branch! Perfect for Palm Sunday. After I picked her up she wanted to go into the sanctuary so we went in and sat in a pew and said a little prayer. I thanked God for a wonderful day and for my beautiful little daughter. Then I cried and Alexa clapped.
Then it was off to Target and then home where she insisted on being outside. We walked up and down the block - she insisted on bringing along a shovel even though the snow is all gone. She said hello to the neighbors and their dogs. It was only 40 degrees so I finally told her mommy was cold and we needed to head inside. She wasn't very happy about it but I got her in. Now I am waiting for her to fall asleep so I can get some work done!