Tuesday, March 11, 2008



Spring is on the way! Finally!!! It has been a long winter - we have had a lot of snow but it has been too cold to go out very often to enjoy it. Today was a beautiful day though. The crocus are even starting to come up.

After I picked up Alexa from daycare I decided we should stop at the park to swing. Alexa really enjoyed it. She really loves being outdoors. When we got home she helped me clean a winter's worth of mess - including goldfish crackers and cherrios out of the car. Before I had Alexa I never used the shop-vac in my car but it sure came in handy today - actually I don't think I had ever used it at all. The car is now free of cherrios - at least for the night and I can see the floor mats in the back seat. After we finished with the car Alexa did not want to go inside (and neither did I!) so we got out the stroller and went for a long walk. We saw puppies and ducks and cars and people - Alexa waved at everything and everybody. The ducks were flying pretty high so I am not sure if they saw her wave or not. We finally made it inside and after dinner she wanted to sit at the computer and she wanted me with her so I turned it on and showed her pictures - mostly of her. She was facinated by them and kept wanting to see more. I finally said it was time for a bath so we got ready for bed and then read a couple books then she went to sleep - after I sang her a few songs. One of these days she is going to figure out that her mom can't sing but for now she is happy to hear mom try to carry a tune.

Saturday Alexa was invited to a birthday party for one of her friends at daycare. She had a lot of fun - riding on her first merry-go-round (a very small one) and a train and a plane. She wanted to go again and again and again. She was exhausted after the party and fell asleep in the car right after we left. We had practiced singing "Happy Birthday" before the party and now when she sees the pictures I have up of her birthday she starts singing it again.


Alexa is getting much better at counting. At first she refused to start with one but she now can do "one, two, three, four" almost every time. A few times she has gotten a little further without help but usually she skips up to "eight" pretty fast.

Besides "Happy Birthday" she is still singing a lot of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". She tries to do the alphabet song too but we have more work to do there.