Monday, January 28, 2008

Where do I start - why with pictures of course! Isn't she adorable? This picture is a little blurry but it is hard to get a picture of her smile. She hasn't quite figured out that I want her to smile for the camera. She is usually only smiling if she is heading towards me - very quickly. That results in a blurry picture. This one is not too bad though. And it is a precious smile!

Alexa is getting better at counting. Last week I heard her go down the stairs by herself (I always count the steps when we go up or down). I heard her very clearly say "eight, nine, twelve, two, three". For some reason she refuses to say one. She will not even try to say the word "one".

Sunday night we went to the FCC (Families with Children from China) Chinese New Year party. Alexa looked so cute in her Chinese dress. She had a great time. We had Chinese food of course. I put a little rice and some noodles on her plate -to make it look good ( I knew the only thing she would eat would be the cookie!). I had an egg roll on my plate too. Anyway she was sitting on my lap eating her cookie ( and I was correct - she refused the rice and noodles) and I was eating my egg roll. I took about two bites and she looked up at me and openned her mouth. I let her take a bite and got my napkin ready because I was sure it was coming right back out. Well she ate it - then she proceded to eat the rest of my eggroll. I am counting it as vegetable and meat!