Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The last couple weeks have flown by and Alexa has had many new experiences with all the Christmas festivities. She also has done a lot of changing the past couple weeks. It is so exciting to watch her grow. I am so fortunate to have her as my daughter. Every day brings a new experience.

She is starting to try to sing with me. She loves Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Row, Row, Row Your Boat. She watches me very intently and then chimes in with the words she can say. It is so cute.

Tonight she ate macaroni and cheese! I was so excited. I set some in front of her and she picked up her fork and started eating. She ate every last piece too and wanted more! She would not touch it before but she is starting to eat more for me. She will usually try a couple bites of cheese pizza when it is offered too. And I have found a vegetable that she will eat - at least I am calling it a vegetable - pumpkin pie. Pumpkin is a squash and the pumpkin pie filling has milk and eggs added. There is actually some nutrition in it - I am counting it as a vegetable. Hmmm, maybe I should try carrot cake!!!!

Alexa is facinated by babies now. She sometimes wants to be my baby too but tonight she wanted me to be the baby. She insisted I lay down on the floor and she gave me one of her doll's bottles. She kept checking to see how much I had drank and then finally announced it "gone". It was precious. Then she decided she needed to change my diaper!

And she is loving books. Right now her favorite is Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. She also likes the picture books where she can point to a picture and say what it is - dog, hand, duck, car, etc.

She still signs. She probably knows more signs than I do now thanks to the babysitter. The other night when I picked her up from daycare one of the other moms told me that her daughter is learning some signs from Alexa.

My daughter is an amazing little girl!