No new pictures to show today but I have to share a few things. Yesterday my little girl ate a peanut butter sandwich - not a lot of it but some. I was so excited. Her food selections are so limited that it is hard to figure out what to fix her to eat. I don't want to give her yogurt and cereal bars and tater tots for every meal! And fruit has been pretty much limited to bananas but tonight Alexa ate an eighth of an apple. I had to cut it into very small pieces for her but she liked it. I knew if she would just put some in her mouth she would like it but the hard part is getting her to try it. She also loves orange juice mixed with 7Up.
Her vocabulary is growing. She will now say "dog" when she sees or hears one. She will say "up" when she wants to be picked up. She will point to her eye and say "eye". There are many words she can repeat after someone says it - Twinkle, car, duck, cheek, cow, ball, grandma, grandpa, and cat. She will also point out her nose, eye, cheek, mouth, hair, ear, knee, toes, and fingers if you ask her where they are. And if you ask for a kiss she will give you one.
Alexa picked up a doll the other day and started to rock it like a baby. I started to sing a lullaby and then she "sang a song" to her baby. She then decided to throw herself in my lap so I could rock her like a baby. She did the same thing tonight. I even got her to give the baby doll a kiss before she threw it on the ground!
My little girl is changing so fast. What a difference in four short months!