Monday, August 20, 2007

It is hard to believe but it has been two months already. What an amazing two months. The quiet scared little girl that was placed in my arms has been replaced by a toddler that does not stop. She just goes and goes and goes. She loves to laugh. And her laughter is wonderful to hear. She has started to grab a book and come over and sit on my lap and open the pages for me to read. She won't sit still for very long but she wants me to read. Her favorite right now is Toddler Two. I can recite it from memory. It is not difficult. "Toddler, toddler, toddler two, Two is the number just for you. Two hands, one, two. Two feet, one, two. Two eyes, one, two...." you get the idea. She also likes one about farm animals. She doesn't stop at each page long enough for me to read it - just long enough to tell her the animal and what sound they make. Once she tried to say "cock-a-doodle-do" I think. She will make the sign for "more". I think she thinks it means she wants a snack but she is communicating.

She is eating more and more. This weekend she discovered cinnamon bread and she loved it. She will eat yogurt now too. I just wish I could get some meat and vegetables into her but considering that it was only two months ago that she wouldn't eat anything she is doing great.

I am a very lucky woman to be the mother of such an amazing little girl.