Sunday, July 02, 2006

What a wonderful weekend. I made it to the farmer's market and stocked up on some fresh peas, green beans and strawberries. Then I came home and picked raspberries in my garden. I ate good this weekend! I went to a movie on Saturday afternoon. It was a warm day and it just sounded good to sit in a movie theater. This afternoon I went to Starbucks and read some information about saving for retirement and college. I figured if I had to read that stuff I deserved a frappachino. Yes, I do not even have my daughter yet but I am planning her college education fund. I have great news too. I have already saved $l.66. Yes that is one dollar and sixty-six cents! Hey, its a start! I signed up for this program at the store where I get money back in a college saving account when I buy certain products. So when I buy a carton of orange juice I save five cents for college. Laundry detergent may save me seven cents! Of course at this rate I will only be able to buy her one textbook when she goes to college. I can also save 1% of my purchases at some stores like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. So I am saving for my daughter's college education when I go shopping. Maybe Tuesday I will go save some more for her!