Monday, February 23, 2009

Alexa and I just returned from a five day trip to Florida to see Grandma and Grandpa. We had a wonderful time and we are both exhausted. I have to share a few pictures though. The weather was a little cool for Florida for this time of year but much better than home. Yesterday I was walking along the beach in my swimsuit and a group walked by and asked me if I was cold. They had on long slacks and jackets. I laughed and said it was much warmer than home!
Alexa loved everything - especially being outside and exploring the water. It was too cool to actually swim but we did get our feet wet.
This is a little orange tree that belongs to Grandma and Grandpa's neighbors. (Alexa corrected me every time I called them Mom or Dad - "Mom, he is Grandpa - don't call him dad. That's silly")
Our first day it rained early then cleared up to be a beautiful day. It was cool enough for a sweatshirt but still okay to wade in the water. I was scared to let go of Alexa's hand because she wanted to go into the water so much. I let go long enough to snap one picture.The next day was a little windy but the ocean never looked more beautiful. It was a gorgeous green color. Of course my little one made it an even better photo!

Here Alexa is hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom made a quick trip down the beach by herself looking for shells. And I found a couple interesting ones.

Yesterday for lunch we went to Sea Critters and ate outside. Alexa had a great time watching the boats and birds. I enjoyed a wonderful blackened grouper sandwich - the best of the trip (and the other two were pretty good too).
Then we got home and the high today was about 34. At least it didn't snow like last year!