Friday, January 16, 2009

Where do I begin? Alexa and I had a wonderful Christmas. We had so much fun making cookies, decorating the tree, and looking at Christmas lights. The weekend before Christmas we went to Alexa's first movie. I went into the movie thinking we would probably not make it through the whole movie but I thought we would give it a try. Well Alexa loved it! She was very well behaved. She talked a little during the movie but very quietly and only to ask a question about the movie or to explain that the popcorn was hers! We saw The Tale of Despereaux. It was cute and she loved it. After the movie was over and we were in the lobby putting on our coats she heard a movie in another theater and said "more movie" and started into see another one! Alexa was quite fond of Santa. She was not scared at all. She went right up to him, sat on his lap, and talked to him. I never told her that you could ask Santa for presents so she didn't quite know what to say when he asked her. She did offer him a cookie and then after she gave it to him she took it back! I don't think Santa has that happen very often!
We made it to Grandma and Grandpa's house quite late on Christmas Eve or early Christmas morning. We spent two and a half hours just parked on the interstate. Traffic did not move at all. Alexa did not take it very well and loudly voiced her objections for an hour and half of that time. Once traffic started to move again she fell asleep and the rest of the trip was uneventful. I was a little tired on Christmas Day though!
Santa was very good to Alexa and gave her a lot of presents. Here she is modeling her new earrings. Aren't they beautiful? She received a new doll and a Thomas the Train and a ballerina skirt too.

Alexa had a great time with Aunt Sandy


and Aunt Deb. She received many wonderful gifts. She is having a great time playing with them.


Here is most of the family. Uncle Mark took the picture and we can only see part of Uncle Chris but this is the only picture I have of Alexa looking at the camera! The other family pictures have a nice view of the back of Alexa's head!