Tuesday we had a snowstorm that ended up leaving us with about eight inches by the time the snow ended on Wednesday. The snow was coming down pretty good by the time Alexa and I got home from work. The neighbor had done our driveway and sidewalk but there was already another inch or two on the driveway. We went inside and got bundled up and headed outside. I found a little shovel for Alexa and she shovelled while I shovelled. When she got tired of shovelling she would drag the shovel around behind her and walk around in the snow. Then she got out some of her toys in the garage and brought them out into the snow. When she found her sled I put down my shovel and pulled her to the end of the block and back. She had a great time and when I told her that it was time to head inside she made her displeasure known! It was dark and snowing pretty hard so I did not take out the camera. I wish I had pictures of that night!
Friday night we went to a potluck with other families that have adopted from China. Hannah and her family were there. (We traveled with Hannah's family to China when we adopted our daughters.) Hannah has changed so much. It was great to see them and get caught up. I had to take a picture of course! We had a nice evening. Alexa is quite the little socializer. She goes right up to people and puts up her arms to be picked up - especially if she sees they are near candy or cookies! I was happy to see that she did want to make sure she could still see mama.
Alexa is talking more and more. Still mostly one words but she will go around and point to things and want us to tell her its name. She is also singing a lot. I enjoy her rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star but I need to get her to sing something else too! If I try to sing with her she stops and listens but tonight she sang with me. I don't think we are quite ready for record contract yet but we will practice! She now has two favorite numbers - two and five. She still likes the book Toddler Two but her favorite book right now is Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.
She ate a couple raisins the other day and she has almost eaten some grapes. She will put them up to her mouth and start to bite down then throw it back on the plate. One of these days it will make it in. We tried French toast over the weekend and that got good reviews. Can I count carrot cake as a vegetable? She took one bite of a corn dog tonight. It stayed in her mouth but she refused to take a second bite. Although it was a very small piece of meat it was the only beef I have seen make it into her mouth. We are making progress slow but sure.